I have a question; does love without conscious or logic and reason exist or is it a fairy tale that we all have been brought up on for generations? The reason why I have this question is because it seems to me that it is widely believed that love happens unconsciously and that there is no thought or logic behind the madness. You can always picture how you want your love to unfold, but you truly have no control and when that love bug hits you, your mind will aimlessly spiral out of control. I disagree. I believe that it is possible to fall in love on accident with a person you weren't expecting to fall in love with. On the other hand, I think it is much more likely for you to meet a person who you are physically attracted to and begin to explore that person. After a few dates, you then start to like the person for who they have turned out to be over the past two or three weeks. As you continue to figure this person out and you become closer, the weeks that are passing by turn into months and in these months, you've begun spending nights together, seeing each other nearly everyday, and becoming much more intimate. At this point, three to five months into your exploration, attachment and emotions are strengthening and then, it might make sense for you to be love struck. Maybe a few months later things are still going strong and you move in together and you attempt to co-exist in the same space. Meeting the parents is understandable at this juncture as well as long as things are still headed in the right direction. Another four months or so goes by and now its been roughly year and you're really falling for this person. You announce to this person, your girl/boyfriend that you love them.
That to me seems to be very normal and realistic. Is there too much thought behind all of that? I know I'm not a love guru by any means, especially when so many people around me believe in love at first sight and the one and only soul mate. I am told that I don't give love a chance because I think too much. Is it unwise to think that "Beauty and the Beast" or "Cinderella" isn't reality? "Cinderella" is even a far cry in sports if you factor in the statistics. Using your sense when your emotions are running wild sounds like a smart move to me. I can't see myself "letting love take over". Maybe after I'm sure in my mind that the love I feel is legit and is felt equally by the party I'm so hung up on.
I acknowledge the fact that being too analytical will not help you find love, but I also believe that you have to make choices and decisions that will lead to you being in love or having love in your life. I can't recall any fairy tale love affairs that I've ever seen. Yet there is this stupid world-wide notion that everyone will fall in love and that everyone will be swept off of their feet when they least expect it. I do not believe in that at all. The irony in that theory is that the divorce rate will continue rapidly rise if its true because there are thousands of marriages that transpire for reasons other than love. And if you think that majority of people are married out of true love, then you aren't living in the real world.
No comments:
Post a Comment