Welcome

Welcome to the official blog page of Justin Baker. This website features content that generally relates to my life and my pursuit of a professional basketball career. Keep a look out for posts regarding my progress on achieving that goal. Follow me on twitter @J45Bake and follow this page also. To become a follower, click "Join this site" under my profile bio on the right hand side of this page. Thank you.

Monday, October 3, 2011

And so it Continues...

As promised in my introduction at the top, this page will serve as a way for you all to follow my career in world of basketball for as long as its going. I'm proud to say that after playing collegiate basketball, I have found an organization that will pay me to play for them. No, it is not an NBA or a D-League team. Although my agent has been contacted by many teams abroad, I will not being playing outside of the U.S. borders. In fact I'll be playing for a team that is based nearly in my own back yard; Richmond, CA. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I have received a contract offer from an expansion organization called The Richmond Rockets from the American Basketball Association (ABA). For those who don't know, the ABA was a basketball league founded in 1967 that merged with the NBA in 1976. The NBA absorbed four teams from the ABA, the San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets, New York Nets, and the Indiana Pacers. The rest of the ABA folded in '76. The ABA today is once is again functional. For more information go to abalive.com. Our first game is scheduled for November. 4, 2011. I'm very excited but most of all, I'm grateful. I'm grateful that god has answered my prayers with the blessing of being able to continue my basketball career. I am now able to call myself a professional basketball player. Is it the best level of basketball? No it is not. There are better levels of basketball in various places around the globe. Would I like to improve to one of these higher levels? Of course I would. The truth of the matter is that the NBA lockout has messed up things for a bunch of players who want to compete at certain levels nationwide. I know a decent amount of players who are all capable of competing at those levels and not a single one of them has landed a deal anywhere because of the NBA lockout. So I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to have this opportunity. Plus, I'll still be competing at high level. The athletes in this league are some of the most desperate and under appreciated athletes that you can find and they are every bit as hungry. There is no doubt in my mind that the Richmond Rockets will serve as a great organization to kick off my professional career. Stay tuned in for the schedule and frequent updates during the season. Thank you to all who continue to support me on my journey, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment